ATTENTION: WHEN YOU REGISTER AND/OR BID YOU ARE AGREEING TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALES.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
CONDITIONS OF SALE TERMS, WARRANTIES, BUYING PROCEDURE, AND SETTLEMENT FOR ALL DAN POST QUARTER HORSE AUCTIONS – ONLINE VIDEO AUCTIONS, TIMED AUCTIONS, AND LIVE AUCTIONS.
- GOVERNING LAW - Dan Post Quarter Horses LLC is a Florida Limited Liability Corporation . All transactions and disputes are governed by Florida Law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - Dan Post Quarter Horses LLC is an independent contractor engaging in online consignment sales of horses. These sales provide a public means via live, online video and/or timed auctions, to bring together a seller and a buyer for the purpose of completing the sale of a specified horse. Dan Post Quarter Horses holds no ownership interest in any consignment horse offered for sale, and is not responsible for any liability whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the loss, damage, injury, death or illness of any horse, person or property before, during or after the sale. In the event of any legal dispute between a buyer and owner, Dan Post Quarter Horses LLC, will occupy the position of agent for a disclosed principal and stakeholder and will be discharged from all obligation upon delivery of any property and/or funds held, to a court having jurisdiction of such dispute EACH HORSE OFFERED IN THIS SALE ARE SOLD “AS IS'' WITH ALL DEFECTS.
- BUYER REGISTRATION - Every potential buyer must pre-register prior to bidding. DAN POST QUARTER HORSES LLC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT ANY REQUEST FOR BUYER OR OWNER PARTICIPATION IN DAN POST QUARTER HORSES LLC ONLINE TIMED AUCTION.
- Non-US Bidders – Foreign buyers are welcome. To participate please note US funds and a form of positive identification are necessary.
- ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE DIRECTLY TO DAN POST QUARTER HORSES LLC. Methods of payment accepted are:
1. US Bank wire transfer (RECOMMENDED)
2. US Cashier’s Check
3. US Cash
4. US Money Order
5. Mastercard, Visa, Discover & American Express
As a bidder if you win an auction you are required to make all arrangements with the seller within 24 hours of the end of the auction. Buyers must contact Dan Post Quarter Horses LLC and make all necessary payments within 24 hours. Transportation arrangements are made with the seller of the horse. Dan Post Quarter Horses LLC is not responsible for making these arrangements.
A CONVENIENCE FEE OF 4% WILL BE CHARGED FOR ALL CREDIT CARD PURCHASES, TO BE PAID BY THE BUYER AS PART OF THE PURCHASE PRICE.
- When bidding on a horse as a bidder you have the option to compete in the auction and place one bid at a time or just put in a maximum bid and allow the proxy bid software to bid the lowest amount possible on your behalf each time you are outbid. Each auction will have a scheduled end time/date but be aware that during the last 10 minutes of the auction that 2 minutes will be added to the clock every time that a bid is placed so that there is no chance of a last-second “sniper” bid which is so common on other bidding sites as time expires.
5. WARRANTIES & EXPRESSED LIMITED WARRANTIES- Buyers are encouraged to inspect & examine any horse prior to bidding or purchasing. Potential buyers, at their expense, have the option to have a veterinary examination performed on any horse prior to bidding. Owner’s permission must be obtained prior to any such examination. BUYERS CAN NOT HAVE A PRE PURCHASE EXAM PREFORMED AFTER THE SALE HAS ENDED, ALL SALES ARE FINIAL ONCE THE AUCTION HAS ENDED. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, by Dan Post Quarter Horses LLC or any representative as to the soundness, condition, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any horse offered for sale. All horses are sold “AS IS'' with all existing conditions and defects. Any guarantees announced verbally on behalf of the owner are strictly between the owner and the buyer. In addition to speaking with the sellers the prospective buyers have the option to go and test ride any horse before they bid. BEFORE the auction ends is the time to go test the horses out, NOT after you win an auction.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL AT CLOSE OF AUCTION
- TRANSFERS & REGISTRATION CERTIFICATES - NO REGISTRATION CERTIFICATES FOR PURCHASED HORSES WILL BE RELEASED UNTILL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED AND CLEARED. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE. ALL PAPERWORK WILL BE HELD BY SELLER UNTIL BUYER’S PAYMENT BECOMES UNCONDITIONAL PAYMENT.
- POST SALE REMOVAL - All sold horses must be removed from the sellers property in a timely fashion as agreed between buyer and seller. Sold Horses on the sellers property remain at the risk, responsibility, and expense of the buyer. Any delays in TRANSPORT must be pre-approved by the seller OR You may pick up your purchase in person. Each seller will be able to work with the buyers to arrange transportation at buyers expense with a transport company if needed, to any state or Canada. International transport is also an option at buyers expense.
- BUYER’S RESPONSIBILITY: By placing a bid in this auction Buyer is indicating they have examined or researched a horse to their satisfaction. Prior to Bidding, Buyers may a) ask Seller for additional information, b) make an appointment with Seller to examine the horse at Seller’s property, c) arrange with Seller to have a veterinarian perform a pre-purchase examination, or d) hire an agent or equine professional to inspect and evaluate the horse.
- ABANDONED: Horses will be considered abandoned if not picked up within 14 days of auction close, unless other arrangements have been made in writing. Abandoned horses will be resold on the auction and no refund will be given to the Buyer.